Exfoliate to let the good stuff in
Exfoliating your skin is simple to do but so many of us skip this essential step in our beauty regime.
Check out these quick tips to ensure your exfoliation successfully reveals the new you beneath the grime.
- Dead skin cells build up on your face, along with cosmetics and skincare products. These clog your pores and make your skin dull.
- Regular exfoliating allows your skin to make the most of your chosen skincare products.
- Exfoliating helps to promote a healthy glow and improves texture by encouraging the skin renewal process.
- Removing dead skin cells helps reduce the symptoms of acne and hormonal breakouts.
How to do it:
- Cleanse your face first, then use your chosen exfoliant on damp skin.
- Use your finger tips to initially work it into the forehead, nose and chin, then use leftovers for the cheeks. Use gentle, upward and massaging movements.
- Include your jawline as this area can harbor a build-up of dead skin cells, cosmetics and skincare product.
- Rinse the skin with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply facial serum and/or moisturiser after you’ve exfoliated.
- Exfoliate in the evening so that skincare products can optimally penetrate your skin during its regenerate phase while you’re asleep.
Listen to your skin; if you notice clogged pores and dull skin, freshen your face up by exfoliating.
Some people exfoliate once or twice a week to keep skin radiant.
Those with sensitive skin may opt for a two-weekly or even monthly regime so as to maintain the balance of their skin’s natural oils.
Find out more about the proto-col approach to natural skincare here.